Sunday, January 07, 2024

Cole’s Express becomes Reddy Express

The name ‘Reddy’ brings back some interesting memories. Around 1974 we had visitor from Andhra with his daughter in law and two month old grandchild. He wanted to send them to her husband in West Indies. After few days in Bombay, the trip was arranged and she got in to the flight. I panicked since she did not know any English and the flight had a long stop over in London. During my stay in Liverpool, I knew there were a number of Telugu doctors in the infirmary there and I decided there must be also a Reddy among them. So I phoned in the Infirmary asking for Dr.Reddy. There was one and he was very helpful. Ha said that he could not go to London but will arrange with friends in London to meet her and facilitate the travel. After a few weeks I heard from one of her relatives that she reached West Indies safely. That is Reddy for you. Today I saw this on what used to be Coles Express. Apparently, they wanted to change it to Ready Express but found that the name is already taken. So this is the result.

No comments: