Friday, January 04, 2013

Susan Bayly om 'saints, goddesses, and kings...'

I have been reading 'Saints, Goddesses and Kings: Muslims and Christians in South Indian Society, 1700-1900' off and on. It is interesting and seems to explain some rituals that puzzled me. It seems available for downloading at some sites. I am not sure whether there are different editions and what is available is an earlier edition. She has also written 'Caste, Society and Politics in India from the Eighteenth Century to the Modern Age' which also looks interesting but I have only read a few pages of it.
P.S. Both are available to buy or read at http://en.bookfi.org/g/Susan%20Bayly
I do not know any thing about the site but Vamsi Mohan Maganti comments that quite a few good reads are available at that site.

No comments: