Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rao Balasaraswati Devi interview

I wrote about Rao Balasaraswati Devi earlier. There is a recentINTERVIEW WITH LEGENDARY SINGER RAO BALASARASWATHI. I did not notice the comments in the earlier post (my apologies. I did not expect that my post will be noticed and that there will be queries. I usually write these to keep track of various things for myself and do not check for comments after a few days). Most of her songs are available at oldtelugsons , search under 'R.Balasarawati Devi', 'Rao Balsarasvati Devi', 'Rao Bala Sarasvati Devi', and 'Balasaraswati' (notice v,w changes in the spelling). Many old songs are also available at http://www.surasa.net/ . Another favourite singer is S.Varalakshmi . I think that most of Balasaraswati songs are available somewhere or other but it seems more difficult to get some of S.Varalakshmi songs, particularly those from her film Sati Sakkubai, often mistaken for a later Anjali Devi film with the same name. Many knowledgeable about telugu songs take part in discussions at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtelugusongs/.

No comments: