Friday, January 16, 2009

A few of my favourite Hindi songs

After the Noor Jajan dhamaal, I started browsing the net for some of the Hindi (Urdu?) songs that I used to listen in the forties and fifties, some from my mother. Here is a variant of Meera bhajan sung by Lata from Nau Bahar AE RI MAIN TO PREM DEEWANI MERA DARD and the bhajan itself by Geeta Roy (Dutt)from Jogan AERI MAIN TO PREM DEEWANI. I still remember vividly some of the Jhoola scenes from this song in Ratan rhimjhim barse badarwa and my mother used to sing this Sawan Ke Badalo. This one from Madhosh with traces of rap(?) Meri Dil Ki Nagariya Mein Aana . And hundreds more though I do not understand Hindi well. These from Kismet Dheere Dheere Aa Re Badal - Amirbai, Dheere Dheere Aa Re Badal - duet spawned a few songs in Telugu films. Unfortunately Telugu film songs from nearly the same period are frequently removed from YouTube.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lyrics of your favourite movie songs are here
http://www.lyricswale.com/