Saturday, October 18, 2008

Home miscellany

I used to blow the dust away from the sides of my house thanks to a blower given by one of daughters as a birthday present. Today I found that I was out of potting mix and decided to collect as a substitute the dirt and leaves from one side of the house. It filled about seven medium size pots. I started wondering about the depletion of topsoil if this much cams from a small portion of an enclosed garden. There seem to be many warnings about the dangers of the depletion starting of with
with this one from Wikipedia.
Meanwhile my son bought a flat and moved out. He always seemed phlegmatic but my wife said that he was excited when he entered his own flat. He is the first one in our family without a degree so far. In class 7, he found that the mathes teacher was making mistakes and when he pointed them out, they were given lots of home work. Since I myself fought with my father to study what I wanted, I did not try to guide him. Very early he decided that degrees were not needed to make money and started making money on ebay and poker. He gives money when I ask for charities.I hope that he will find some thing more interesting than making money. One more child to go and grand children started arriving and there does not seem to be any respite from cleaning and cooking.

1 comment:

Anant said...

Dear Swarup,

Quite a change from the usual heavy posts on the blogosphere!

Best regards, Anant