Thursday, July 27, 2017

A comment on a friend's wall

Balasubramanian Ananthanarayan Why on earth are people still called coloured? I thought this had gone out of vogue when apartheid went. Anyway, I found the following on the internet, after trying to kindle some neurones that stored the information that I had read this long time ago: Written by an African child and nominated by The United Nations
as the Best Poem of 2006.

And you calling me colored??

When I born, I black. 
When I grow up, I black. 
When I go in sun, I black. 
When I scared, I black. 
When I sick, I black. 
And when I die, I still black.

And you white people. 
When you born, you pink. 
When you grow up, you white. 
When you go in sun, you red. 
When you cold, you blue. 
When you scared, you yellow. 
When you sick, you green 
And when you die, you grey…

And you calling me colored??

No comments: