Sunday, July 20, 2008

I learnt a new technique today

It is pruning season in Melbourne and since gardening services have become expensive I decided to buy a chainsaw and do some heavy pruning myself. But I was told by Chris (short for Ramakrishna) and other friends that I should not fool around with chainsaws at my age. So I bought an 'Alligator' which is a sort of enclosed chainsaw (thanks to Chinese exports, many of these seem affordable now). Chris and I managed some heavy pruning of two medium sized trees. The problem next was to cut the branches in to small pieces to fit in to the bin. Again Chris had an idea. After separating some of main hard wood, we just ran the lawnmower over the branches to mulch them(a mulcher is somewhat expensive and there is no room to keep it). It worked though I am not sure how long the lawnmower will last.

No comments: