Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Alopecia areata

Alopecia areata " is a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp." In Telugu, it is పేనుకొరుకుడు. I had this once and rubbed the scalp with hibiscus flowers and it disappeared ( I remembered the treatment from my father, I think). I recommended it to an acquaintance about three years ago; she too had relief and no recurrence so far. Search పేనుకొరుకుడు and there seem to be several such treatments. Search for Alopecia areata too for different perspectives. I do not want to make recommendations on medical matters. Possibly there are different types of varying severity. It is possible that for milder cases there are many traditional treatments. Here is a link in Telugu from a doctor who discusses various types of treatment including the hibiscus one.

No comments: